Over the years, the Vespa Museum Pontedera has become a place of social cultural as well as scientific and educational meeting place. Simply a place of well-being where the younger as well as the older generation, as well as scholars and enthusiasts, give all their attention to the Vespa. The popular retro two-wheeler is presented in this museum in an extensive collection that began decades ago.
The synergies are maintained
Besides nice gatherings of people from many nations, the collection was used to be admired extensively while listening to music. In addition, the exhibitions were suitable to hold conferences and teach. The creators of Vespa Museum Pontedera are aware of the transmission of all these activity synergies. This is about positive values regarding creativity and social culture including social awareness.
During the now long pandemic period, the work in the museum and the historical archival analysis continued. The opportunity was taken, new projects were developed, and existential work on museum spaces and their usability was carried out.
The main digital renewals of the Piaggio Museum:
- A new website of the museum and the foundation were created. Extensive, up-to-date information is available in a functional and optimized way. The navigation is suitable for all types of technical devices.
- The very realistic virtual museum tour is rich in interesting multimedia content with texts, videos and visuals, as well as curiosities.
- The technically powerful museum app underwent an update and was supplemented with new content.
- The museum spaces have been upgraded, especially the Vespa room. In line with the new platform, a hip exhibition layout has been created for all vehicles, where thematic areas are tangible and new graphics are available.
- A highlight is the rearrangement of the dedicated corner of Corradino d’Ascanios. With the help of a hologram, the Vespa Room promises visitors a fascinating experience – they hear the voice of the inventor of the Vespa through the actor Roberto Ciufoli. With images and sound, a virtual Italian Vespa dream world is created in which viewers can immerse themselves to their heart’s content.
- The exhibition collection was enriched by the acquisition of various, historical Vespas from Italian and foreign collections of private nature.
- The creation of the digital portal and historical Piaggio archive, as well as the launch of the digitization and cataloging project of the historical Moto Guzzi archive, perfectly complete the portfolio. “Guided Tour Pills” and a dense, concise, social communication plan, created by the museum staff, allow fans and friends to stay close to the Vespa Museum.
Without pre-registration and travel to enjoy the historic and new two- and four-wheelers
The Piaggio World now offers a virtual tour of the entire museum. To do this, simply click on the Museo Piaggio homepage and go to https://www.museopiaggio.it. Now select the preferred language and the unforgettably beautiful experience starts at “Virtual Tour”.
Starting with the history in the year 2000 when the Museo Piaggio was opened, to the very heart of the museum – the Vespa, many works of art and very special vehicles are also presented here. In addition, visitors are treated to changing special exhibitions, such as Pellizza da Volpedo and Nomellini. Here art, technology and zeitgeist are combined with fashion at the highest level.